Wed, Jun 21, 2017, 9:00am - Jun 22, 2017, 5pm
UofT Medical Science Building, Auditorium
1 King's College Cir, Toronto, ON M5S 1A1, Canada
The CARRE International Symposium on Aerial Robotics will feature an outstanding lineup of speakers from academia and industry who will discuss up-to-date research in the field of UAVs.
Dario Floreano, Director, Laboratory of Intelligent Systems, EPFL, Switzerland
- Prof. Dario Floreano is the Director of the Laboratory of Intelligent Systems, EPF Lausanne. Switzerland. He is also Founding Director of the Swiss National Center of Competence in Robotics, which sponsors almost 60 researchers in wearable, mobile, and educational robots from 20 robotics labs across Switzerland.
Roland Siegwart, Prof. of Autnomous Systems, ETH Zürich, Switzerland
- Roland Siegwart is full Professor of Autonomous Systems, ETH Zürich, Switzerland since July 2006 and Founding Co-Director of the Wyss Zürich. From January 2010 to December 2014 he held the office of Vice President Research and Corporate Relations on the Executive Board at ETH Zürich.
List of Speakers
- Sebastian Scherer - Systems Scientists, RI Carnegie Mellon University
- James Richard Forbes - Professor of Mechanical Engineering, McGill University
- Jonathan How - Professor of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Stephan Michael Weiss - Professor, Institute of Intelligent System Technologies, Alpen-Adria Universitat
- Kamesh Subbarao - Associate Professor, University of Texas Arlington
- Sanjiv Singh - Research Professor, Carnegie Mellon University
- Jerome Le Ny - Associate Professor, Polytechnique Montreal
We are also asking students to please submit a 150 word abstract on their latest aerial robotics work, for a chance to present their work during the poster session.
Registration – Industry and Faculty:
This is a taxable event.
Academic or Industry
Early Bird = $100
Regular = $200
Early Bird = $50
Regular = $100
Early bird registration deadline = May 26, 2017
Regular registration deadline = June 16, 2017
Registration is capped, so we strongly encourage attendees to register as soon as possible.
On the second day, we will be organizing a trip to our facility at the Institute for Aerospace Studies. Please indicate in the registration, if you choose to attend.
The registration fee includes morning refreshments, lunch and access to presentation/poster materials. Speakers do not need to register.